"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you will help them become what they are capable of becoming."

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Teacher's Light...

"A good teacher is like a candle- it consumes itself to light the way for others."


 I have found that through making my blog, I have been drawn to speaking about the light that teachers can show to their students.  In my box logic video and even reflecting on the importance of our job, I have been realizing how fortunate we all are to have chosen this field.  I loved this quote, because I believe that only when we have given ourselves completely to our students and their needs can we really truly help them and "let their light shine".  I loved this picture, I feel like it is a great representation of what love and light can do to any dark room or sad heart.



1 comment:

  1. Kait, I'm not sure I would agree that we teachers allow ourselves to be consumed in order to help others. I think it's more like we give a bit of ourselves, our fuel, to students to enlighten them and when we see that they're enlightened, we're encouraged, re-fueled, ready to do it again. Or something like that. Although, there is that idea of "burn out" that teachers sometimes feel, so you might be on to something. :~)

    ReplyDelete