"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you will help them become what they are capable of becoming."

Thursday, February 17, 2011

"If I Were in Charge of the World..."


If I were in charge of the world...
Icecream and candy would be nutritional,
Watching T.V would be a workout, and
Everyone would have a soundtrack to their life.

If I were in charge of the world...
Everyone would know Mizzou was the best school and that Kansas should never be acknowledged,
Every Saturday would be football Saturday,
If you went to class, you would recieve a 4.0 GPA.

If I were in charge of the world...
No one would know pain and love would fill every street, jungle, ocean and desert,
People would know peace and hope, and
There would really be a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow!

If I were in charge of the world...
There would be no racism or hate crimes,
There would be unity amoung families, communities, and nations, and
The color of a person's skin would only decide the strength of SPF that was needed!

If I were in charge of the world...
It would be an awesome place...but unfortunately I am not incharge of the world!
But one day I will be in charge of a classroom!
This classroom will love music, Saturdays, Mizzou, and most importantly each other!

10 comments:

  1. Awwww, this is real good Kaitlin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of watching TV being a workout! If only, think how skinny I could be (reminds me that Grey's Anatomy is on tonight ...).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you ended your poem with teaching and what your classroom enviroment will be like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beginning of this really made me laugh! I liked how deep you got near the end though and your ending line about having your own classroom made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you were in charge of the world!
    We both used the same picture for this poem.. Probably because it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS IS SO CUTE!!! I love it! Definitely an ideal world :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved how you ended the poem about teaching in the future. Your classroom is going to be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this poem because it explains my perfect world too! I wish you were in charge of the world! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kait - The one thing I will never forget about you...your never ending hate for KU :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this poem! You did a great job with it and I agree with the changes you would make to the world.

    ReplyDelete